Saturday 4 April 2009

Tomb Sweeping




Last Sunday, I went "Tomb Sweeping" with my Mom, and her family at a temple in Taipei County. Tomb Sweeping is when we go to our family's tomb to pray and clean the tomb. We brought some ghost money and some food to respect my ancestors. We also prayed and lit three sticks of incense. We stayed there for one hour and then went back home.
Every Chinese New Year my family goes to Tainan to sweep my Dad's Dad's tomb. My Mom's Dad was cremated, but my Dad's Dad was buried in a tomb. When we went to my Dad's Dad's tomb in Tainan my Dad said if everyone is quiet and behaves well we will get my grandfather's favorite yogurt drink. I behaved myself and my Dad gave me the drink
.

1 comment:

  1. 掃墓是對祖先的懷念和尊敬
    88要你和表弟妹安靜的閉上眼
    最重要的是要你想一想祖先曾經教過一些什麼有用的事
    當88過世以後
    如果小騫來看我(來掃88的墓)
    如果你可以安安靜靜的回想88教過你的一些事
    比方說...
    談話時要看著對方
    做事要專心
    事情要提前準備不要當天才做
    ...等等
    88會超開心(在天堂裡)

    ReplyDelete