Saturday 30 May 2009

I ride a bike!


This past Thursday and Friday I had no school because it was the Dragon Boat Festival. The Dragon Boat Festival, called ''端午節 '' in mandarin, has an interesting story. The story is about Qu Yuan, a poet who disagreed with the Emperor of China hundreds of years ago. He jumped into a river with a great stone and drowned. People got in their boats to search for his body. This began the Dragon Boat Festival. Now people celebrate Qu Yuan by having boat races, eating special foods called rice dumplings, and families get together. I think it is very fun, especially because I have no homework.

On Thursday, morning my grandmother and I took my bike to the university to practice riding. I was both excited and scared, but I trusted my grandmother would be able to teach me. I started out fast, but I fell a couple times and got some cuts on my legs. At lunch time we went back inside, I wasn't perfect yet, but I was getting better.

On Friday morning we went back to the university to try again. I wasn't scared this time. I got better and better all morning. By the end of the morning I could ride without Grandma's help. I was very excited and I hope I can ride my bike to school someday.

2 comments:


  1. 趕緊練
    等阿嬷載不動你時
    換你載她到處...趴趴GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Samuel,

    I'm so happy for you being able to ride a bike (particularly on a very cool bike you have). Indeed, grandmom may not be in good shape to give you a ride anymore in the near future. Teacher Wang did give you guys a break of no homework to enjoy the 4-day long weekend, didn't she? I don't remember my teacher ever did that. I always had tons of homework in elementary school.

    Auntie Jennifer

    ReplyDelete